KAKAKEE HOUSING INCENTIVE PROGRAM
The Kankakee Housing Incentive Program encourages families to have a greater stake in the community and helps
underserved households to attain homeownership. Families interested in purchasing their first home may qualify for financial
assistance toward down payment, closing. Persons interested in the program must take a homebuyers counseling course and
must meet the income guidelines and regulations set by the program.
- Class application available at the ECDA Offices (200 E. Court Street, Suite 410)
- Return application with:
- 90 days of income
- $25 deposit - returned after completion of the class
- Homebuyer Education Class
- Process listed under "Homebuyer Education Class"
- Complete 1 on 1 Session with ECDA Certified Staff
- Complete KHIP application (given at 1 on 1 Session) with required documentation listed in the application